It is super easy and delicious chickpea curry recipe is perfect for dinner tonight. It takes only 5 minutes!
Easy Chickpea Curry
This easy curry recipe makes a quick and delicious dinner using ingredients you may already have.
You only need three ingredients to make the base, and it is easy to customize it to suit your needs.
- Great for meal prep
- The remaining food can be frozen well
- Uses staple pantry ingredients
- It can be vegan and gluten-free
You can customize the Curry Recipe!
This curry can be made with various ingredients: chopped pineapple, mango or butternut squash, cauliflower, fresh or frozen spinach, carrots, and zucchini.
Curried chickpeas can be made with chicken for extra protein. However, you can add baked tofu and tempeh to make it vegetarian.
To make a Moroccan chickpea curried, add 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and a handful of dried raisins or chopped dried Apricots.
For a spicy Indian chickpea curry just double the Ginger. Serve with basmati rice and naan bread.
The basic recipe can be made with water or coconut milk, depending on your preference.
Serving Suggestions for Curried Chickpeas
- Quinoa or rice
- Naan or Roti Bread
- Oatmeal Muffins, Keto Muffins, or Applesauce Muffins
You can also serve the chickpea curry stew with spaghetti squash or baked sweet potatoes.
You can make your curry powder if you run out of curry powder, as I did with the tomato curry. Combine the ingredients to create authentic curry powder: 1/4 tsp ground coriander and 3/4 tsp ground cumin. 1/2 tsp turmeric and 1/8 tsp chili pepper.
Mix all ingredients and then add one tablespoon to the curried chickpeas recipes.
Slow Cooker Tomato and Chickpea Curry
To prepare the recipe in a crockpot, increase the amount of all ingredients by two times. Cook on low for 4-5 hours or until the mixture becomes thick. Wait to add the spinach (if using fresh) until the end of the cooking time. Once the mixture is thick, stir in the spinach and continue cooking until it has wilted.
Chickpea Curry Recipe
This healthy and easy chickpea curry recipe only takes 5 minutes!
Cook Time = 5 minutes
Total Time = 5 minutes
Yield = 4 cups
- One can of chickpeas, or white beans, rinsed
- 1 tbsp curry paste
- One can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk or water
- 1/2 tsp salt, just under the level
- Optional 1/4 tsp powdered Ginger
- Optional 1/2 cup chopped onion and 2 TSP minced garlic
- An optional handful of fresh or frozen spinach
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil until lightly browned. You can skip this step by combining all ingredients, except spinach, in a pot. Bring to a boil and cook until desired thickness. Turn off the heat and stir in the spinach. Taste and adjust salt and pepper as needed. The flavors will intensify overnight, making this even more delicious the next day. You can also freeze leftovers.