These chocolate chip-baked oatmeal breakfast bars are like eating a giant chocolate chip oatmeal cookie right out of the oven for breakfast!
- Just seven ingredients
- They can be made the night before
- Refrozen leftovers freeze well
- This is a great snack or healthy meal to take with you wherever you go
- Healthy and filling breakfast
Remember the Chocolate Chips
Enjoy Life Mini Chocolate Chips are my favorite chocolate chips I almost exclusively use in my recipes.
If you have been following my blog for some time, you will notice that I love mini chocolate chips in recipes. This is both for the taste and for presentation.
Mini chips are easier to spread in baked goods, so you get chocolate in every bite. Larger chocolate chips can be more difficult.
Many people write to me asking how they can eat chocolate chips without being vegan.
Enjoy Life chips, which I mentioned above, are non-GMO and vegan. They also contain 14 common allergens, such as gluten, soy, and eggs. They also come in Semi Sweet Mega Chunks, Dark Chocolate Morsels, and Dark Chocolate Morsels. The brand is available in most grocery stores and online.
Breakfast On The Go
My mom says these breakfast squares are her favorite of the many recipes I have posted on the blog.
They are called “boatmeal” by her (for baked oatmeal). She often texts me to let me know she has made another batch for work each morning.
Remaining freeze well, so you can plan and keep any leftovers frozen for up to 4-5 days. This will allow you to have a healthy, quick breakfast ready in case you need it.
Step 1: Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Step 2: Pour into a 9×13-inch parchment-lined pan.
Step 3: Bake at 350 F. Slice into squares or bars, and you have breakfast for the week!
Chocolate Chip Breakfast Squares To-Go Recipe
These chocolate chip-baked oatmeal breakfast bars are like chocolate chip oatmeal cookies for breakfast.
Total Time = 28 minutes
Yield = 16 bars
- 4 cups of rolled oats
- 3/4 cup water
- 2/3 cup applesauce/mashed banana
- One teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup oil, butter, or water
- Only if you are using stevia, add 1/2 cup of water
- One teaspoon stevia, 1/2 cup maple syrup, honey, or agave
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips or more – Enjoy Life Mini Chips is my favorite!
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Line 9×13 inch pan with parchment.
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl until well combined.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth.
- Add additional chocolate chips if desired.
- Bake the cookies on the center rack for 28 minutes.
- After that, do not open your oven door.
- Instead, turn off the heat and leave the oven to cool in the closed oven for 20 minutes.
- Cut into squares or bars.
- You can refrigerate leftovers for 3-4 days or freeze bars to make a quick healthy breakfast you can take on the go.