Filipino Scrambled eggs are a traditional breakfast dish consisting of tomatoes, eggs, and onions. It’s easy and quick to prepare, yet delicious and delicious. It’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, or any time of the day!
One of my favorite breakfasts to get up for in the morning is a bowl filled with fluffy Filipino scrambled eggs with toasty pandesal or sinangag and an iced cup of steaming Tsokolate. It’s so simple, but it’s so tasty and filling.
It’s not just that this egg and tomato dish is brimming with delicious comfort food flavor and nutrients that are good for you and vitamins, but it’s also straightforward to prepare and cost-effective. It takes just fifteen minutes and six easy ingredients!
- Eggs are a given that the fresher the eggs more flavorful, the better. If you can get access to fresh eggs from a free-range, then make use of eggs for this dish!
- Tomatoes Use a ripe Roma variety to enjoy a lovely and juicy flavor
- The onions recipe calls for regular brown onions. However, you are free to mix the recipe with shallots (sibuyas Tagalog) or red onions to add color and a more robust flavor.
- Butter adds creaminess. Substitute olive oil to get a healthier alternative
- Salt and pepper Use them seasoning to your taste
However, unlike the kultyas, a ginisang Kamatis at itlog is usually served as a dish to accompany a meal. Eggs are the star ingredient in this recipe.
Tips to Cook this Recipe
- Make sure you whisk eggs well to let them air and add volume, resulting in more fluffy and lighter curds. The beaten eggs should be uniformly yellow and incorporated with yolks and whites.
- Cook eggs at low temperatures. At high temperatures, egg whites “seize,” resulting in dry and hard scrambled eggs.
- Remove the heat when the eggs are still wet, as they’ll continue to cook with the heat escaping from the pan.
Make this dish at breakfast for brunch, or any time you require a quick increase in energy or protein. Serve it with rice or toast for a tasty breakfast or lunch.
Filipino Scrambled Eggs Recipe
Get your eggs up to speed with delicious onions and tomatoes! This Filipino scrambled eggs recipe contains comfort food flavors and healthy nutrients. It’s easy and quick to prepare and affordable as well.
- Six eggs
- Two tablespoons butter
- Two large Roma tomatoes cut into pieces
- One large onion peeled, sliced thinly
- salt and pepper as desired
- In a large mixing bowl, break the eggs, then whisk until smooth and free of any white streaks. Set aside.
- In a saucepan set over low heat, place butter. As it starts melting, you can add the onions and cook until they soften.
- Add tomatoes to the pot and cook. Mash with the edge of the spoon until softened. Release juice. Sprinkle with salt and pepper according to your preference.
- Mix the egg yolks with the tomato-onion mix and cook, without stirring, for 20-30 seconds.
- Once it becomes firm, gently fold in onions and tomatoes until they are all incorporated.
- Continue cooking until eggs are cooked but are still slightly moist.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper as desired. Remove the pan from the stove and serve right away.
Remember these Key Points
- Be sure to stir the eggs thoroughly to let them air and add volume, resulting in thinner and fluffier curds. The eggs you beat must have a uniform yellow hue, and the yolks and whites are combined.
- Cook the eggs at a low temperature. The high temperatures will cause those eggs “seize,” resulting in dry, hard scrambled eggs.
- Please switch off the heat while the eggs remain slightly wet, as they will cook using the heat escaping from the pan.