Bacon Fried Rice is easy to prepare with just a few ingredients and can be made in just a few minutes. It’s a filling and delicious one-pot meal perfect for breakfast or any time you need a quick dinner.
I got home late today after completing errands. After an extensive search in the fridge, I found only one pound of bacon rashers and leftover rice from days earlier, which offered a possibility to make a quick dinner. I was hungry, and they needed to make it.
I did a quick job at work, and voila! A delicious one-bowl comfort meal packed with delicious smoky bacon. The essential things seem to be among the most enjoyable things to do.
What do you need?
This stir-fried rice recipe is one of those recipes that will clean out your refrigerator. I used eggs and bacon to provide protein and added garlic, onions, and scallions to add color and boost flavor. However, feel free to add any oddities and lost items in your kitchen to make the dish more robust.
A few good vegetables include frozen peas and carrots, chopped corn and bell peppers that are diced, or mushrooms. If you’re looking to bulk up your protein intake, you could include diced Spam, shrimp, ham, or chicken.
- If you’d like to make this dish in a lower-carb version, it is possible to substitute the long-grain rice with cauliflower that has been cooked.
- Cold, cooked, and fresh rice is ideal for frying rice. If you are using freshly cooked rice, place it on a baking tray, and chill for 20-30 minutes until completely cool.
- The rice is cooked on high heat to stop the rice from getting stuck to the cooking surface and adds a pleasant toasty taste.
- Use soy sauce sparingly, as excess moisture or liquid may make the rice mushy. Adjust the taste by adding salt as required.
- Use one teaspoon of sesame oils in the last few cooking moments to improve flavor and aroma.
How do you serve and store?
- Bacon-fried rice is lovely for a side dish or as an entire meal for breakfast or dinner.
- Keep leftovers in a container that has an airtight lid. Refrigerate for 3 to 5 days or freeze for up to two months.
- In the microwave, heat in 2 to 3 minutes intervals until the mixture is hot and stir between intervals to spread the warmth.
Bacon Fried Rice Recipe
This easy bacon fry rice recipe is simple to prepare and is an ideal side dish for an easy dinner! You can customize it with your favorite vegetables to give it a personal taste.
- Two eggs, lightly beat
- 4 cups cold, cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions chopped
- Two tablespoons of soy sauce
- One small onion peeled and chopped.
- Two cloves of garlic chopped and peeled
- 1 pound bacon slices thick-cut cut into pieces
- Salt and pepper according to your preference
- In a bowl, break up cold rice into small pieces.
- In a wok or skillet on high heat, add bacon. Cook and frequently stir until the bacon begins to crisp and brown.
- As bacon begins to cook fat, Add onions and garlic and cook until the garlic is soft.
- Cook rice by spreading the rice over every surface of the pan for approximately 45 minutes or so until the grains begin to sizzle. Then, mix to distribute the rice. Repeat this process several times until the rice is cooked to the point of.
- Add soy sauce and green onions and stir until combined. Add salt as desired and sprinkle generously with pepper.
- Create a large hole at the bottom of the rice, and add eggs. Set the eggs for around 30 seconds, then mix with a spoon. Mix into the rice and break into smaller pieces.
- Take the rice out of the pot, and add green onions to the dish. Serve hot.
Key Points to Remember
Cold, cooked, and fresh rice is ideal for frying rice. If you’re using newly cooked rice, put it on a baking sheet and chill for 20-30 minutes until completely cool.